Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Giving It My Best Shot!

Welcome, (or I should say welcome me into blogging)

The saying "Begun is half done" is true when it comes to anything I want to accomplish.  I spend more time planning and preparing.  Half the time, I have planned something but never even started.  You can imagine my craft area!!!!  I think it is a genetic trait, as my parents (and late grandparents) have multi-generational projects started.  So I am beginning my thoughts, FINALLY, after many years of planning (or wishing). 

WARNING:  My ability to write, spell check, and edit are nonexistent.  I really think I have some impairments in the "English" department.  I had great teachers, parents, and helpers during my education, however, the task of writing perfectly ain't there.  (Stupid spell check doesn't have ain't).  So please read the intentions or have a great laugh on my lack of writing ability.  I am taking the plunge and getting started, regardless of the inadequacies (that was a big word that required spellcheck). 
I am Erica's husband here to add my thoughts and a male perspective.  The italicized words are my point of view.  I will also proof read so it doesn't sound as bad.

I am a wannabe perfectionist!!!!  I have realized the standards I set on myself are unattainable.  The goal of this blog is to embrace what I love and my personal view on what is perfection, and also laugh at the things and events that do not meet par.  "Working On Paradise" has dual meanings: I live on my family's ranch on Paradise Road and I also want to better my self everyday for the paradise I will see one day.  Yes, I am a Christian, although not a perfect one.  I definitely fall short everyday, but that makes God's Grace so wonderful. 

After a winter storm on my family's ranch.  This is Paradise Road.

So here we go, I am finally starting even though my planning and preparation is far from completed.  It is an on-going process I want to involve anyone who is willing to "work on paradise" with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment